The Museum is closed until the October 30, 6pm Opening of “Art Couture”.

Welcome to Cornell Art Museum, the premiere destination for contemporary art in Palm Beach County.


Docent Opportunities

There are countless ways to get involved with the Cornell Art Museum. Our docent opportunities are open for those seeking an art infused environment, who love interacting with the public and are interested in sharing the history of our historic site. We love docents of all ages! Must be engaging, smiling, and willing to help support the Museum Staff!


Make a Donation

The Cornell Art Museum is part of Old School Square a 501(c3) registered non-profit cultural arts organization. Old School Square is the center of arts & entertainment in downtown Delray Beach and has served as the community’s gathering place for over 25 years. Help keep us serving the community with any donation. Every penny counts!


About the Museum

The Cornell Art Museum is housed in the restored 1913 Delray Elementary School building on the Old School Square campus, and strives to show nationally and internationally recognized, contemporary artists.The Museum exposes the greater Delray Beach and South Florida communities to artwork that is culturally relevant and exciting, hoping to foster creativity and inspire imagination. 

The Cornell Art Museum was dedicated in 1990 and named in honor of Delray Beach residents Harriet W. and George D. Cornell. The Masonry Vernacular architectural style makes the building unique in the downtown area. This style was used for several smaller buildings in the Old School Square Historic Arts District. 

During the restoration process, the original atrium and classrooms, which are now exhibition spaces, were restored to preserve the rare Dade County Pine floors, tall windows and open space. The only significant modification to the interior was to open the atrium up to the second floor, allowing for natural light to stream in and provide a more spacious feel. 

The Museum completed a one million dollar interior renovation in November 2017, opening up the galleries and creating a more contemporary space, while keeping the charm of the 1913 schoolhouse. 

Kindly sponsored by